Friday, December 21, 2012

My Grandpa Pikie

8 months ago my life changed forever. I lost the one person who I knew without a doubt loved me and whom I loved back my whole 26 years, my Grandpa Pikie.

 Here he is at his 85th birthday party January of 2010

I guess I should go into detail about my second sentence, the one where I said "The one person who I knew without a doubt love me and whom I loved back my whole 26 years, my Grandpa Pikie". Here's the answer:

I was born to a couple of meth addicts. My grandpa was awesome enough to step in and take me before child protective services did. Eventually he ended up with my baby brother, and eventually a few years later one of my sisters. My grandpa was awesome, He cared about me when my birth parents couldn't. and when he couldn't care for us anymore he made sure to find someone who would take both my brother and I. He was pretty adamant we not be separated. I owe my Grandpa everything, its because of him that I am 1. alive, and 2. where I am today (there where others who helped get me here, but he was the first). I just hope I am making him proud.

Here are a few more pictures of him:
Him and I at 6 months and 1 year
On my wedding day hitting my hubby with his cane.

To this day, I can still hear his name rhyme "Sara, bobeara, fofara, skiddierra, he-legged, hi-legged, ho-legged, bow-legged Sara". The rhymes he made up are one of the things I miss the most about him. I can't wait for the day when I will get to see him again. 

Thanks for reading, sorry this post was kind of heavy.

Love and Hugs,
Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment